Saturday, August 21, 2010

CFU sucks the big one

I'm writing to you on dialup internet.

Well, that's what it feels like. Our internet service provider apparently creates their internets from a series of cardboard toilet paper tubes. Literally...

Ok, not really, but you gotta admit that was midly amusing... So, I'm off in cyberspace minding my own business and all of a sudden it hits me. This wall of lag hits my computer and suddenly it's like my internet is suspended in a vat of molasses and is unable to move more than an inch or so at a time.

Naturally, the first thing I do is what they tell you on their automated message when you call because they think you're computer illiterate and read on a third grade level. I shut off the modem and router and turned them back on and restarted my PC. But alas, the internet was still slower than Betty White in lead shoes on an ice skating rink. It is just horrible.

There's nothing worse than sitting at a computer with no internet. Reminds me of an Xbox 360 without batteries for the controller. You might as well be staring at a wall...

Anyway, here's hoping they fix this crap soon. I'm tired of paying for service I can't use properly.

No comments: